Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Apartment and Moving Woes

I remember moving into my first place, packing what I needed, gathering hand-me-down furniture, and scouring rummage sales (literally as I was moving my things, I stopped and got a TV stand) for things I might need.

Looking back, I remember thinking “I don’t have enough stuff to fill an apartment.” I laugh at my 20 year old self. I have SO much crap that I have accumulated in just two short years living on my own. How on earth did I manage to expand my movie collection to over 300 titles? Why does the English Major in me insist that I continue to buy books when I already have bookshelves full?

But here I am, less than a week from moving into a new apartment, and I am swamped. Anyone who knows me is familiar with my anxiety, stress, obsessive compulsions, or neurotic behaviors. Whatever you want to call it, I like to freak out and have meltdowns a little too much than I would like to admit. Finding a place to live has been the longest journey and it’s not even close to being over.


Finding a place to live took over a month, situating move-in move-out dates was a struggle, and now packing is my biggest burden. My roommate and I plan on doing most of the moving, which will be entertaining nonetheless. Between both of us working, having two smaller vehicles, and little to no arm strength, we have committed to moving our abundance of crap into an upstairs apartment in two days.

Despite the struggle, moving has given me something to do with my summer without feeling totally worthless. I am hoping to post about some AMAZING ideas that we have found, come up with, and used during our move. Until then, stay hydrated in this excruciatingly hot weather!

1 comment:

  1. Moving during a hot summer day – I could only imagine how frustrating and exhausting that experience was for you. As if packing wasn't tiring enough, you also had the hot weather to contend with. I hope you managed to get all the tasks done just in time for your move. Good day!

    June Griffith @ Arnold & Self

    ReplyDelete